Monday, March 10, 2008

Cars From General Motors

For a long time, my dad would tell me how much he loved General Motors cars. He said that they were better built, and were made to last a lifetime. He would claim that if you did not buy a Chevrolet you are asking for high repair bills. Opinions differ, of course, as my stepfather will tell you nothing will be as good as a Ford. Though I couldn’t tell you which manufacturer is better, I can tell you I have had good cars through both companies. Right now, we own a Chevrolet, and I think it is a very good car.

Because most of the people in my family did not buy General Motors cars, I did not buy one for a long time. However, when we needed a new car at the last minute, we ended up buying a Chevrolet. I have to tell you that this is one of the best cars I have ever had. This doesn’t mean I’m going to be a walking advertisement for General Motors cars, but if someone asks I will be sure to tell them how much I love it. This car is over 10 years old, and has yet to give me any major problems. I hope I have not jinxed myself by saying that, but I feel pretty confident that it has many more good years left in it.

One great thing about General Motors cars is that you can get them repaired almost anywhere. You can say this of most companies that have factories in North America. If you have chosen a car made in another country, you may have problems finding the parts you need. If that were to happen, you may find it takes weeks to get your car fixed. If you own General Motors cars, this will never be, for the most part, a problem for you. There may be times when you have to wait for car repair, but it will not be because the parts are unavailable.

For the most part, General Motors cars are a good investment. When it comes to safety, you have to think about more than how much horsepower is under the hood. Today, new General Motors cars come with Onstar. This system can help you if your car has been stolen, if something is wrong with your car, or if you have been an accident. Think of it as a communication system between you and the outside world. If you have a growing family, this might be the biggest reason you might choose General Motors cars.